A serious injury can change your life forever, and it can happen in multiple ways — including slipping on a wet floor, falling at a construction site, or being involved in a car accident. In some cases, an injury occurs because of the negligence of an individual or a business.
If you’re injured, you can’t undo the pain and lasting damage. But you can take steps to protect your rights and ensure that you receive compensation for your medical bills, lost time from work, pain and suffering, and other harm that accidents often leave in their wake.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
In a personal injury case, an individual who has been harmed takes legal action against those responsible for the accident or injury that caused the harm. An El Paso personal injury proceeding in civil court seeks to find the responsible party legally at fault. In some cases, claims are settled without going to court.
The attorneys at Forbes & Forbes Law handle many types of personal injury cases, including:
- Motorcycle accidents
- Vehicle accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Vehicle rollover
- Distracted driving accidents
- Truck accidents
- Job site accidents
What Constitutes an Injury?
“Personal injury” is a broad term that can encompass many types of physical and mental harm, including:
- Serious physical injuries that result in loss of significant bodily functioning, including paralysis, amputations and injuries to the back, brain or spinal cord.
- Traumatic injuries that occur in an accident, including burns, whiplash and other injuries resulting from vehicle accidents.
- Wrongful death, including fatalities on job sites and in vehicle accidents.
- Social Security Disability
Selecting a trial lawyer to represent you in a personal injury lawsuit is a choice with long-lasting consequences. An experienced personal injury attorney in El Paso will know how to guide you through not only the legal process, but also the healing process. At Forbes & Forbes, we have been representing personal injury plaintiffs since 1971.
Stewart Forbes, our personal injury attorney in El Paso offers ethical, honest and experienced legal representation for recovery of medical costs and other damages due to pain, suffering, loss of income, wrongful death and other harm. We serve individuals or families who have lost loved ones in West Texas, Las Cruces, NM and surrounding areas. If you or a loved one has suffered any of the injuries listed below, please contact our law firm for a free initial consultation.
How Can a Personal Injury Attorney Help?
Forbes & Forbes are attorneys that have been practicing law together since 1989. Stewart Forbes has been helping personal injury clients since 1971. We have one compelling mission in serving you: to deliver success every time with your needs first — always. As a former chair, and former members of the local grievance committee, we have seen first hand the importance of maintaining an ethical legal practice, whether assisting clients with estate planning, personal injury, probate or business law. Contact us today if you’re in need of legal assistance involving these areas of practice in the El Paso, TX and Las Cruces, NM areas.
An experienced personal injury attorney can assist you in winning damages against the persons responsible for your injury. If you’ve been injured in an accident, you may be entitled to two types of damages.
Compensatory damages are intended to cover the losses from your injury, including the cost of medical bills, lost wages, loss of your ability to perform necessary household chores, and other expenses. Punitive damages sometimes are awarded in cases in which a defendant acted with recklessness or malice.
Your personal injury attorney will assist you in preparing your case — including analyzing evidence and bringing in expert witnesses — and fighting for compensation to which you are entitled. If you’ve been injured in an accident in the El Paso area, it’s important that you understand the relevant law and legal processes. To schedule a consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney, please contact Forbes & Forbes Law.
Do's and Don'ts of Personal Injury Lawsuits
- Don't hire an attorney who will tell you during the initial consultation how much your case is worth.
- Do hire an attorney who conducts a thorough investigation of your case.
- Don't hire a lawyer who tells you how long your case will take to settle.
- Do hire a lawyer who will keep you advised of the progress in your case, and work with you to determine the next steps.
- Don't hire a law firm that focuses on the quantity of personal injury cases they are pursuing.
- Do hire a law firm that focuses on the quality of the legal advice they offer to each individual personal injury plaintiff or family member.